Re: [Xotcl] Question on [eval] method

From: Uwe Zdun <uwe.zdun_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 15:53:16 +0200

Hi Kristoffer,

I'm not pretty sure, what you want to reach here. The "eval" method
provided by XOTcl does nothing
else then a Tcl eval in the context of the object's namespace. This is
not meant for evaluating
methods, though it accidently works for local methods (procs), because
they are defined
in the same namespace. In the example below, I would define the "
commands" such as 'format', 'short', 'object'
as objects. Then you can use Tcl's eval to send messages to these
objects, and define the first argument
as method or use "unknown".

Uwe