[Xotcl] Re: [Xotcl] Re: aggregate objects with autoname

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 20:02:52 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

> Dear Kristoffer,
>
> are you aware of the predefined methods "new" and "newChild" (the first one
> simplifies only the call to autoname, while the second one creates a new
> autonamed object as an aggregated child object). These convenience methods are defined
> in the langRef. the definition of newChild is below...

Yes, I'm aware of them, but they do not do what I mean. I want to
create an object as a child of an already existing object which != [self].
"new" creates a new object, but not as an aggregate of another object,
"newChild" creates a new object as the child of the calling object. These
are very convenient and I use both a lot, but the method I proposed is
for easily aggregating a new object to anything.

         | / Kristoffer Lawson | www.fishpool.fi|.com
         +-> | setok_at_fishpool.com | - - --+------
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - / |