Re: [Xotcl] AOP and XOtcl

From: Uwe Zdun <uwe.zdun_at_uni-essen.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:24:14 +0200

On Wednesday 26 September 2001 03:46 pm, you wrote:
> Actually this is a valid point. As classes can naturally be dynamically
> added and removed, the whole AOP logic can be implemented by classes
> which are just brought into the inheritance chain, and which
> provide the required filters. In that case I cannot immediately see
> any benefit in providing the filter as a separate object.

There would some benefit if there is a common class "Filter" for all filters
or if you could directly manipulate the filter info that way. I'm not sure
yet how to do it the best way, but both features would be quite handy for
other XOTcl structures as well.

--Uwe

PS: another issue: there were some requests for new info options on this list.
right off the head:

- list of all procs defined for an object (procs + all instprocs up the
  heritage order)
- list of all mixins (mixins+instmixins) for an obj
- list of all filters (filters+instfilters) for an obj

Perhaps return certain infos conditionally as ligthweight objects ...

Were/are there any other suggestions?

--
Uwe Zdun
Institute for Computer Science, University of Essen