[Xotcl] RE: xotcl and tclkit

From: Theado, Brian P. <BTheado_at_wcom.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 07:44:25 -0400

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:07:31 +0200, Gustaf Neumann wrote:
> the xotcl binaries are built with tcl 8.3.2.
> therefore it should work without compiling only with
> 8.3.

> however, when it is compiled with 8.4, it will work.

I remember that stubs support was recently added to xotcl.
From the above, I gather stubs support is not being used
when compiling the distributed binaries. Is there a reason
why not? It seems like it is a low cost (simply add the
"-DUSE_TCL_STUBS" compile switch?) thing to do in order to
get the benefit of distributing more widely usable binaries.

Thanks,
Brian Theado