Re: [Xotcl] Tcl source requirement

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:28:36 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

> The long answer where i am not going into details is, why
> des XOTcl need tclInt.h. In short, XOTcl needs it because
> its needs access to internal of several tcl structures that
> are not public available. Examples are the structures
> Command, Namespace, Interp. Certainly it will be possible

Command and interp too? I can understand the need for namespace, and I
still find it strange that these functions are not available publicly.
But what exactly is needed from command and interp that is not already
publicly available? OK, I guess I could delve into the source code
to find out ;-)

I was just wondering because I remember asking this before and I vaguely
remember someone saying there would be progress in that for the future.
This was back in the 0.8? days.

Anyway, just compiles 1.0 there for Ants and I noticed some changes
to the filter interfaces and whatever, but other than that no problems
yet. It's always such a joy to use XOTcl again :-)

                              / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/