[Xotcl] Tcl party?

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 15:32:31 +0300 (EEST)

I've been running this idea about a Tcl party on c.l.t and I decided to
post it here too, in case someone missed it. The plan would be to get a
cool venue here in Finland and have a real proper code party (in the
demoscene sense) for about 3 days. These are nothing like normal user
meetings or conferences. The events are 24h/day (although naturally you
can sleep if you want) and the focus is on the compos. Compos allow you to
show off your skills, creativity and ideas to the audience and have them
vote on the best for prizes. Some competition ideas:

- Tcl game

- Useless extension

- Demo competition (multimedia presentation)

- Real-time coding competition.

- Obfuscated Tcl

- ...

In addition an important part is meeting and hanging out with people from
all round. It's difficult to beat the feeling when people are crowded
together, hacking away at some really cool ideas with the deadline
looming... If the place was appropriate, and I think I could manage it,
we could fry sausages and drink the odd beer, plus enjoy a good sauna and
swim. Accommodation is free -- often people camp inside the party place --
but youc an stay in a hotel too if that's your preference.

I haven't got much in the way of a positive response to this idea -- not
quite sure why -- but at least 'Stonekeeper' from IRC described the idea
as "very tempting", so I haven't quite given up yet. I myself am very
excited by the idea so please, if this sounds at all like something you
might be interested in, give me a shout so I don't give up hope entirely.

                              / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/