Re: [Xotcl] "Cannot locate library"

From: Uwe Zdun <uwe.zdun_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:53:36 +0200

It does not solve the main problems solved by check_library_path:
to include the env(XOTcl) variable and use the local directory
when you are in it so that you don't necessarily have to install. The
rest of the code (in the second else part) is only used to set the
xotcl::lib variable correctly. Again: this variable is not really needed.
At the moment, it is only an information for the programmer.

we can think about getting rid of the variable, maybe.

--uwe

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 10:50, Gustaf Neumann wrote:
> On Monday 12 May 2003 23:27, MichaelL_at_frogware.com wrote:
> > I don't know if this helps, but my approach was to add the following in
> > xotcl-1.0.2/pkgIndex.tcl:
>
> Good idea!
>
> the following is more generic an should work (if it placed
> into the installed directory of the xotcl library) platform indepently.
>
> We should think a little about what to do to execute xotcl
> in the noninstalled case (e.g.
> - putting this into xotcl-$(VERSION)/library,
> - add a simple pkgIndex.tcl to xotcl-$(VERSION) to load the shared lib
> - add xotcl-$(VERSION) to auto_path
> ) and to produce the attached one on install....
> This is the way we should go.
>
> -gustaf

> package ifneeded XOTcl 1.0 [list load \
> [file join $dir .. libxotcl1.0[info sharedlibextension]] XOTcl]
>
> set _dir_ $dir
> foreach index [glob -nocomplain [file join $dir * pkgIndex.tcl]] {
> set dir [file dirname $index]
> source $index
> }
> set dir $_dir_
> unset _dir_

Uwe Zdun
Department of Information Systems, Vienna University of Economics
Phone: +43 1 313 36 4796, Fax: +43 1 313 36 746
zdun_at_{xotcl,computer,acm}.org, uwe.zdun_at_wu-wien.ac.at