Re: [Xotcl] Problem with automatic variable unsetting upon return from an instproc?

From: Jim Russell <Jim.Russell_at_dynetics.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:53:35 -0600

Uwe:

   Thank you so much for the very lucid explanation. I was hoping that
I could use the trace mechanism to implement a garbage collection
scheme. I was storing the XOTcl object name in an ordinary Tcl variable
upon which I placed the unset trace. When the variable goes out of
scope, the unset callback is called, and I had hoped to dereference the
variable to call the XOTcl object's destroy method. However, this
doesn't appear to be a good approach. Do you have any suggestions?

Jim