[Xotcl] Re: xotcl 1.1.0, tcl/tk 8.4.4 and freebsd 4.9 are not happy with each other

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 01:49:45 +0100

On Sunday 30 November 2003 00:45, Marc Spitzer wrote:
> Now the files that are "missing" are in /usr/local/include/tcl8.4:
>
> bogomips# cd ../tcl8.4
> bogomips# ls
> generic tcl.h tclDecls.h tclPlatDecls.h unix
> bogomips# ls *
> tcl.h tclDecls.h tclPlatDecls.h
>
> generic:
> regcustom.h tclDecls.h tclMath.h
> regerrs.h tclIO.h tclPlatDecls.h
> regex.h tclInitScript.h tclPort.h
> regguts.h tclInt.h tclRegexp.h
> tcl.h tclIntDecls.h
> tclCompile.h tclIntPlatDecls.h
>
> unix:
> tclUnixPort.h tclUnixThrd.h
>
> so how hard would it be to add a --with-tclinclude ?

 this is not hard. i will send you a version with that option with
 separate mail.

> Also I would need to do this for tclsh and wish(do I need to do wish?),

there is no need for wish

> on freebsd they are both shell scripts that tel you what you have installed
> not the real tclsh, like so: bogomips# tclsh
> In FreeBSD, tclsh is named with a version number. This is because
> different versions of tclsh are not compatible with each other and
> they can not all be called "tclsh"! You may need multiple versions
> installed because a given port may depend on a specific version.
>
> On your system, tclsh is installed under at least the following names:
>
> tclsh8.3
> tclsh8.4

 this is not unusual. the name of the tclsh is deterimined by
 configure throught the configure macro SC_PROG_TCLSH.
 on my system, the tclsh is determined as

    TCLSH_PROG = /usr/bin/tclsh8.4

 One can use an arbitraty shell my invoking

  make "TCLSH_PROG=XXXXXXXXXXXXX" ...

 Greetings
-gustaf
--