[Xotcl] XOTcl parameter command

From: Attilio Dona` <attilio.dona_at_telecomitalia.it>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:19:29 +0200

Hy,

Thanks to XOTcl I'm rethinking the OO paradigm and doing metaprogramming
easier.

1. Parameter introspection

I use the Metaclass concept to model metainfos and use the parameter
command to add meta-attributes runtime.
As already You pointed out the parameter introspection (className info
parameter) mechanism is not correct, so it is needed some parsing, with
euristic regexp, to extract the parameters info.

Also the command:

className info parameter parameterName

doesn't work as expected, because it ignores parameterName

Have you planned to release in the near future the fix to this problem?

2 Parameter strange behavoir

When using Parameter command I have noticed same strange behavoirs, for
examples:

case 1:
Class X -parameter {{-x 100}}
::X

case 2:
Class X -parameter [list {-x 100}]
wrong # args: ....

case 1 and 2 are perfectly equivalent, so I think there is same strange
parsing inside a C function. Also note that this is true only for "negative"
attribute, ie: Class X -parameter [list {x 100}] work as expected.

Attilio

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to webmaster_at_telecomitalia.it.

        Thank you

                                        www.telecomitalia.it