[Xotcl] Bug: Empty arglist and body throws error

From: Schofield, Bryan \(GE Transportation\) <"Schofield,>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:51:48 -0400

Hullo -

I'm afraid I found a bug that will generate an "unable to dispatch" error if the argument list & body of an instproc are both empty. You will notice that as long as either contain something, it's ok. Notice the body of "Bar notpuke", it's just a single comment. See the code below:

Gustaf -- This is the build that I downloaded from you on October 18th at:
   http://media.wu-wien.ac.at/download/xotcl-1.3.3.tar.gz

-- blah.tcl --
package require XOTcl 1.3

namespace import ::xotcl::*
Class Foo
Foo instproc puke {} {}

Class Bar
Bar instproc notpuke {} {#}

Class Ack
Ack instproc notpuke {a} {}

Bar b
b notpuke

Ack a
a notpuke x

Foo f
f puke

-- End --
Produces the following error:
::f: unable to dispatch method 'puke'
    while executing
"f puke"
    (file "/homes/bschofie/blah.tcl" line 20)