Re: [Xotcl] Catching errors in calls to "next"

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:44:26 +0100

On Monday 15 November 2004 18:51, MichaelL_at_frogware.com wrote:
> Ok, I've found a temporary workaround using
>
> TestB create ::b -x 5
>
> rather than
>
> TestB ::b -x 5
>
> Still, why doesn't the second approach work?

 XOTcl used XOTCL_UNKNOWN to flag the situation, where
 a filter catches an unknown call, such that the dispatcher
 knows when to call "unknown" in the presence of filters.

 i have changed the internal communication from the tcl
 return code to an internal flag. XOTCL_UNKNOWN is
 gone, both of the above examples do work now (i.e.
 will work in the forthcoming version).

 With Zoran's help with the wonderful purify, i fixed over the
 weekend an old bug showing up in the new extended regression
 test (access to freed memory), so the biggest blocker of
 the new release is gone. we should check, how to deal
 with the recent glitches showing up here...

-gustaf
--
Univ.Prof. Dr.Gustaf Neumann
Abteilung für Wirtschaftsinformatik und Neue Medien