Re: [Xotcl] Using uplevel within instprocs from instprocs

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 02:38:32 +0100

> You can see that the one-level iterator succeeds, but the two-level
> iterator can't see the variable defined in the outer loop. You can also
> see that the first time "level" and "callinglevel" are different (as you
> would expect) but the second time they're the same (which looks like it
> might be an XOTcl bug). Any ideas?
>
> (I can work around this for now, of course, but it would be nice to figure
> out what's wrong.)

 Hi Michael,

 the problem was the [self callinglevel] in the nesting uplevel calls.
 Tcl reports in the nesting case a [info level] of 2 although there
 are three levels on the stack. xotcl tries to skip filters and mixin-frames
 and it pointed incorrectly to the invocation frame and not to the variable
 frame. I have fixed the problem at least for your example, all regressions
 tests continue to work. If you come up with more such examples, please
 let me know.

 the problem is fixed in the current working release and should be
 available soon.

 best regards
-gustaf neumann

--
Univ.Prof. Dr.Gustaf Neumann
Abteilung für Wirtschaftsinformatik und Neue Medien