Re: [Xotcl] xo beginner

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:17:07 +0300

On 25 Jun 2005, at 12:59, Mads Linden wrote:

> Thanks
>
> I guess I just have to get my head around things like that, a bit
> dangerous
> I feel to call methods before contruct.
>
> It would be ok if it was "procs" that worked like that insode the
> classs,
> but not instprocs :(

Well, you can ask the developers for the reason. I remember stumbling
across it myself at one point. However, I also remember there was a
fairly sensible reason for that. -dash calling is meant for
initialisation so in a sense you can think of it as belonging to the
init. It is, after all, the method used for initialising parameters.

            / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/