[Xotcl] Extending nonposArgs in XOTcl

From: Shawn Jury <shawn.jury_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:54:40 -0400

Hello,
  I am trying to extend nonposArgs to include more checks and I am having a
hard time. I have gotten basic checks working, but I am not able to get some
of the more complicated checks working.
  The tutorial shows that the syntax for extending nonposArgs is:
  *someobject|someclass* *proc|instproc* methodName {?optional arguments?
argName args} {
}
 I have not been able to get the ?optional arguments? to work.
 Example:
 I am trying to get some checks done that will check for specific values of
the Arg. I would like to be able to pass those values into the check.
 xotcl::nonposArgs proc RANGE {allowedRange argName args} {
.....code to verify the range
}
 The syntax to use this would be similar to:
 Class Foo
Foo instproc setMtu {{-mtu:RANGE 54-65535 "1500"}} {} {
}
 This is similar to what Giovannni Cristelli asked in the post titled XOTcl
extending nonPosArgs class from November 2004.
 Is there any way to do this currently? I am trying to replace a bloated
package that is currently being used which has many of these checks
available. I have tried many combinations of syntax to get this to work and
have not been able to figure it out.
 Thanks,
 Shawn