XOTcl/NX mailing list by object move?

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:33:27 +0100

Kristoffer Lawson schrieb:

> But I am guessing even this is unnecessary. Why call the destroy at
> all? I am confident, without looking at the actual code, that
> deallocation of the resources for the 'original' object could be
> deallocated without going through the whole destruction procedure.

as pointed out earlier, move is a copy + destroy.
If you want a copy alone, use copy and not move.

As Artur pointed out, command names are the references to objects.
if such a reference should be made invalid and the unneeded
storage should be reclaimed at this time, destroy is the correct thing.

Note, that move does not refer to a single object, but to an object tree,
all subobjects, classes, commands, etc. are affected as well.

-gustaf neumann