Re: [Xotcl] compilation problem

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:08:57 +0200

The mentioned patch is only for compiling against 8.5. Applying this
patch as it is
will break compilation with tcl 8.4.*. It will need another ifdef. just
by looking into the patch, i have the suspicion that it will create a memory
leak. So, the better approach seems to increment the autonames without
TclIncr*Var2, which should not be terribly complex. it will go into the
next release.

however, concerning the original mail, this is good evidence, that you
were not compiling against tcl 8.4.13 but against a tcl 8.5 version.
Using the --with-tcl flag should solve the issue.

-gustaf