Re: [Xotcl] OSX + XOTcl + ActiveTcl

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:48:59 +0200

Jeff Hobbs schrieb:
>> Is there anything special about that combination that I need
>> to know before compiling XOTcl on OSX?
>>

> xotcl may need private headers, I can't recall. Otherwise, no, it is
> TEA-based and should just work.

yes, the compilation of xotcl needs the private headers of tcl, and yes,
it works out of the box (i am doing most of the development on Mac OS X).

I am not sure, whether ActiveTcl contains the private headers of Tcl
(tclInt.h); in the worst case you have to get the matching tcl source and
use --with-tcl during compilation (which might be a good idea anyhow,
to avoid confusions with the precompiled tcl/xotcl from the max os x
developer toolkit).

-gustaf neumann