Re: [Xotcl] two crashy issues // 1.5.x

From: Nico L'INSALATA (UniPI) <"Nico>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:45:07 +0200

Hi there!
I don't know if the following information will help or will create more
confusion.

I'm using XOTcl 1.5.3 compiled from scratch against Tcl 8.4.5.
I've been able to reproduce the bug using the tcl shell installed on my
system (info patchlevel ==>8.4.9).

Surprisingly, everything works fine if I source your scripts in the Tcl
shell embedded in the commercial software I'm working with (info
patchlevel ==> 8.4.5.1).

> Object o
> o eval {set x [::xotcl::self]}
> o set x
> o eval {set x [::xotcl::self]::nested}
> o set x
> set cmd {::xotcl::Object [::xotcl::self]::nested}
> o eval $cmd
RETURNS /> ::o::nested

II'm at your disposal for providing you any additional info you might
find interesting if you believe this could give hints for debugging,

Regards,
Nico

Stefan Sobernig wrote:
> I attached two scripts, each reproducing bugs
> I found with most recent versions of XOTcl
> (1.5.2/1.5.3).
>
> Bug -1-: Argument declarations to proc/instproc
> containing a single empty tcl string yield a segfault/bus error.
>
> Bug -2-: Nesting objects through per-object evals (evals
> in the object scope) yields segfaults/bus errors under
> certain conditions.
>
> all the best,
>
> //stefan

Nicola E. L'Insalata
Ph.D. Candidate
VLSI Systems Research Group
Dept. of Information Engineering
University of Pisa
Via G. Caruso,
I-56122 Pisa, Italy
Tel: +39 050 2217 625
Fax: +39 050 2217 522
E-mail: nicola.linsalata_at_iet.unipi.it