[Xotcl] XOTcl and Tcl 8.6

From: Koen Danckaert <koen_at_retarget.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 18:17:18 +0100

Dear XOTcl developers,

I'm trying to use XOTcl (1.6.5) with Tcl8.6.

Apparently XOTcl does not compile with Tcl8.6, but on Linux, I can get it to work by using a version compiled for Tcl8.5.4.

However, this is not the case on Windows: loading XOTcl will make Tcl8.6 crash there.

I also tried to use the xotcl165.dll provided by Activestate in the Tcl8.6b1 distribution. This seems to work with Tcl8.6b1 indeed, but not with newer versions of Tcl fetched from CVS (which I need).

Is it possible today to use XOTcl in a recent Tcl8.6 ?
Or are there any plans to update XOTcl ?

Best regards,
Koen Danckaert