[Xotcl] Permissions framework

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_scred.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:14:08 +0300

Has anyone done any code or a framework for managing per-class permissions? Basically a way to do rules describing which other objects, or which roles users must have, in order to call the different methods provided by instances of the class (plus any class procs). This is kind of like an expanded approach to Java style simple permissions (private/protected/public), which of course could also be incorporated into that, if wanted.

I'm just asking as I've been giving that some thought in relation to my web framework (and object store) and reckoned it would make sense asking here so as not having to reinvent the wheel.

--
Kristoffer Lawson, Co-Founder, Scred // http://www.scred.com/