Re: [Xotcl] troubleshooting

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 04:24:05 +0100

Rebuild the pkgIndex.tcl files with

    make libraries-pkgindex

Not sure, why and how you got the problem, but i will try to
trigger the rebuild of these files more eagerly... maybe a
pkg_mkIndex failed in your version....

i guess, part of the problem is that "pkg_mkIndex" without
the flag "-verbose" is completely silent also in cases where
an "error" occurs (often a missing dummy "namespace
declaration", just needed for building pkgIndex). If
pkg_mkIndex is called with "-verbose", it is too verbose...
I have now altered the behavior pkg_mkIndex in the build
process, problems with while building pkgIndex will be easy
detected.

Get a fresh version from git

-gn