Re: [Xotcl] NX nested objects

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 10:22:55 +0100

Technically, "slot" is a child object, which is not easy to
hide from the
application developer (otherwise, slot handling will break).
An option
could be to store the slot objects at a different place, but
this would
involve more complications on renaming, cleanup, etc. Not sure,
we can address that before our release in the not to far future.

Using "info lookup method|methods|..." is used for obtaining
information about the closure of local and inherited items from
the standpoint of an object. Questions like "what methods
can i call?", "where is the method defined, i am calling?", etc.
So hiding "slot" on "info children" and showing it on "...
lookup ..."
is not an option.

"info children" has already an option "-type" that can be
used to filter
the result. Is this an option for you?

-gustaf neumann