[Xotcl] Announcement: XOTcl-Light Available XOTcl on top of TclOO

From: <mail_at_xdobry.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 14:55:38 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

I have created XOTcl-Light package.
It is pure Tcl package on TclOO that provide XOTcl compatible system.

https://github.com/xdobry/xotcl-light

It is not full compatible and slower (more or less 50% slower than original
XOTcl)
but enough to run my own XOTcl programs.

All XOTcl-Light object are TclOO objects and can be modified introspected and
extended by TclOO code.

Incompatiblities
* no complex slot attributes. Only simple parameter similar to earlier XOTcl
versions.
* no complex forward syntax only TclOO forward
* no unknown mechanism for creating object from class (MyClass create myinst,
can not be written as MyClass myinst). It can be easy simulated but I do not use
it
* many introspection command does not support all options
* self is not modified and work like in TclOO

It is early version the work is ongoing.
Please report bugs.

Best Regards
Artur