[Xotcl] new methods, request for comment

From: Victor Mayevski <vitick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 13:21:55 -0700

Recently I encountered a need for two methods in my code:

"info siblings"
"info root" -- similar to "info parent" but travels down the object tree
to find the first object or root (of a tree OR a branch).

I realize that it is very trivial to script them in myself but I am dealing
with thousands (if not millions in the future) of objects and would like to
squeeze as much performance from the code as possible. Hence, I propose to
add those methods in C code (to NSF), provided that coding them in C will
indeed speed things up. Also, having those methods seems to be natural,
just like having "info parent" or "info children".

Another proposal, (tongue-in-cheek, since it probably benefits only my
code), is to add a timestamp (microseconds) to every object upon creation.
I have a need to list the object (thousands, if not millions) in the order
of creation. Again, it is trivial to script it in, but performance is an
issue.

Thanks