Re: [Xotcl] AOP and XOtcl

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:46:56 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Uwe Zdun wrote:

> no, in principal not ... to clarify things, what you mean is:

Well, as mentioned, I haven't given it any serious thought. I was just
speculating to myself out loud.

> - what are potential benefits to a Class

Actually this is a valid point. As classes can naturally be dynamically
added and removed, the whole AOP logic can be implemented by classes
which are just brought into the inheritance chain, and which
provide the required filters. In that case I cannot immediately see
any benefit in providing the filter as a separate object.

         | / Kristoffer Lawson | www.fishpool.fi|.com
         +-> | setok_at_fishpool.com | - - --+------
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - / |