Re: [Xotcl] "Cannot locate library"

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:50:30 +0200

On Monday 12 May 2003 23:27, MichaelL_at_frogware.com wrote:
> I don't know if this helps, but my approach was to add the following in
> xotcl-1.0.2/pkgIndex.tcl:

 Good idea!

 the following is more generic an should work (if it placed
 into the installed directory of the xotcl library) platform indepently.

 We should think a little about what to do to execute xotcl
 in the noninstalled case (e.g.
   - putting this into xotcl-$(VERSION)/library,
   - add a simple pkgIndex.tcl to xotcl-$(VERSION) to load the shared lib
   - add xotcl-$(VERSION) to auto_path
 ) and to produce the attached one on install....
This is the way we should go.

-gustaf

package ifneeded XOTcl 1.0 [list load \
  [file join $dir .. libxotcl1.0[info sharedlibextension]] XOTcl]

set _dir_ $dir
foreach index [glob -nocomplain [file join $dir * pkgIndex.tcl]] {
  set dir [file dirname $index]
  source $index
}
set dir $_dir_