Re: [Xotcl] installation on fedora

From: Catherine Letondal <letondal_at_pasteur.fr>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 10:57:14 +0200

Kristoffer Lawson wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Alexandre Dehne wrote:
>
> > In order to use biok, I have to install xotcl. My problem with xotcl
> > installation is that my system is under Fedora and there is no tclInt.h
> > file under this distribution (even with the tcl-devel package). Of
> > course, I can uninstall the tcl package and install tcl manually but, by
> > uninstalling tcl package, other packages are going out and that put me
> > in trouble ...
>
> Well tclInt.h is internal Tcl stuff (unfortunately still required by
> XOTcl). Does Fedora have a Tcl source package? Would be in that.
>
> I think Debian is now clever enough to include tclInt.h in the tcl dev
> package, although naturally the best would be if external packages no
> longer needed tclInt.h

Dear Kristoffer,

I don't understand your answer : do you mean that there should be no problem at all?
But the file tclInt.h does not exist on alexander's disk although he has a tcl dev
installed. Is there another source distribution for tcl dev?
(sorry if this is not directly related to XOtcl, but is there a way to bypass
this problem when compiling XOtcl?)

Many thanks,

--
Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center