Re: [Xotcl] installation on fedora

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:18:41 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Catherine Letondal wrote:

> Kristoffer Lawson wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Alexandre Dehne wrote:
> >
> > > In order to use biok, I have to install xotcl. My problem with xotcl
> > > installation is that my system is under Fedora and there is no tclInt.h
> > > file under this distribution (even with the tcl-devel package). Of
> > > course, I can uninstall the tcl package and install tcl manually but, by
> > > uninstalling tcl package, other packages are going out and that put me
> > > in trouble ...
> >
> > Well tclInt.h is internal Tcl stuff (unfortunately still required by
> > XOTcl). Does Fedora have a Tcl source package? Would be in that.
> >
> > I think Debian is now clever enough to include tclInt.h in the tcl dev
> > package, although naturally the best would be if external packages no
> > longer needed tclInt.h
>
> Dear Kristoffer,
>
> I don't understand your answer : do you mean that there should be no
> problem at all? But the file tclInt.h does not exist on alexander's disk
> although he has a tcl dev installed.

The second paragraph was about Debian, not Fedora. On Debian I believe
tclInt.h is now included in the dev package. With Fedora I guess he has to
install the source. With any luck, Fedora may have source packages for Tcl
in addition to the normal dev package, but I'm not familiar with it.

                              / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/