[Xotcl] updated patch for xotcl 1.3.3

From: Jeff Hobbs <jeffh_at_ActiveState.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:46:14 -0800

I have updated my patch from yesterday. This has been tested
across a much more elaborate set of platforms. My guess is
that xotcl has not been compiled against anything but gcc, or
installed on non-linux systems.

This patch builds and installs on the following variants:

* Windows-x86 (cygwin/MSVC build)
* Linux-x86 and x86_64 (gcc)
* HP-UX 11 pa-risc (gcc and cc)
* HP-UX 11 ia64 (cc)
* AIX 4.3.3 (xlc)
* Solaris 2.8 (gcc and cc)

test-core fails on HP-UX 11 pa-risc with:

FAILED: FAILED - UpLevel Test 2
Got: ::o
Expected: ::s
0 g='::o' e='::s'
make: *** [test-core] Error 255

and on some other platforms it can fail on exit (bad cleanup?),
but this gets things a lot further.

I don't think the ALLOC checks are being done properly, as I
said before - there is too much expectation that gcc-isms can
be the default, which isn't correct, IMO.

Part of this patch is the for loop break fix in xotcl.c that
I mentioned in my last message - that seems to have no effect
on the test-core for the platforms.

It's probably best to just take this patch directly and call
it xotcl-1.3.4, unless you want to further clean up based on
my other suggestions (like ALLOC stuff).

  Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy
  http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos