Re: [Xotcl] info subclass

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_scred.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 19:15:39 +0300

On 25 Apr 2010, at 11:15, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

>> Foo is a class, Bar is a class, but Foo's
>> actual fully qualified name is ::Foo, so if I wanted an exact search
>> it should be against ::Foo, but will it also match 'Foo' (as
>> desired)?
>>

> yes. both commands
>
> Foo info subclass Bar
> Foo info subclass ::Bar
>
> return "::Bar"

OK, thanks for the clarification. Perhaps this should be made even
clearer: in that case it is not acting as a pattern. I mean:

Class Foo

Class Bar -superclass Foo
Class FuBar -superclass Foo

I hope that the following returns only one element:

Foo info subclass Bar

Is that correct?

I am using XOTcl 1.2 as that is what comes with OSX Leopard. As a
general note, though, I think changes like this which cause backwards
compatibility issues should cause the major version number to change,
as per Tcl's normal package versioning scheme. Now my scripts will
break when I upgrade XOTcl.

--
Kristoffer Lawson, Co-Founder, Scred // http://www.scred.com/