[Xotcl] Re: [Xotcl] instproc vs proc

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:27:33 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Laurent Duperval wrote:

> When do you use instproc vs. proc? I'm looking at the code I've written so
> far, and it's all instproc, I make no use of proc at all. So I'm wondering
> if it's because proc isn't used often or because I'm missing out on
> something really cool.

Well proc is something you use if you want a procedure that exists
only in that instance of an object. So if you want a procedure for
class Foo which doesn't appear in instances of Foo then you use "proc".
The same applies if you want to add a procedure to a single object.
I must admit I don't really use it much myself but it's good to have it
when you do need it, and really works with the dynamic nature of the
language.

         | / Kristoffer Lawson | www.fishpool.fi|.com
         +-> | setok_at_fishpool.com | - - --+------
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - / |