[Xotcl] Re: [Xotcl] The debian packages

From: Uwe Zdun <uwe.zdun_at_uni-essen.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:36:53 +0100

On Thursday 11 January 2001 18:15, Kristoffer Lawson wrote:
> Just tested the debian packages for XOTcl 0.83 by Teemu and they seem to
> be working fine now, including the pkgIndex.tcl generation, which was a
> problem before.

FYI, we have just written a Sdbm wrapper with complete src code in the XOTcl
distribution, which will be included in the next XOTcl version ...
this should solve the problem with the Gdbm version in Debian (and on
Windows).

Moreover, we'll probably create a minimal man-page for xotclsh & xowish ...

Regarding tclexpat: which version is used in debian? I don't think that its a
big issue (at the moment XOTcl uses tclxml per default), but for
compatibility with the rest of XOTcl I've renamed the produced lib to
libtclexpat.so ... that should at least prevent that an existing tclexpat.so
is overwritten (not in 0.83!). At the moment we have performed some
modification in configure+make of tclexpat, but the lib should be identical
to 1.1. Probably we'll add someday an xotcl-wrapper, which directly produces
the object-interface with the XOTcl C API.

--Uwe

--
Uwe Zdun
Specification of Software Systems, University of Essen