[Xotcl] Re: found bug

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:58:09 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

> During the output of the error message, XOTcl tries to provide
> the backtrace (callstack), but it this case it contains a command
> from an non-existing object.
>
> on my system, i do not get an segfault, but an output containing freed
> memory. if you remove the "blah" argument from the constructor of
> Bar, i would expect a graceful behavior on your system as well.

Exactly. That's why I had the "blah" argument there. Actually on
another system it segfaulted immediately while on this other system
I had to create the object twice. I guess it's just a matter of
when the freed memory gets used.

> If you are interested, i could send you a quick fix for the problem.
> However, I experimented with the problem, you are addressing, and
> found another related problem, for which i have no fix yet....

No rush. As I mentioned, it was actually a bug in my own code that
triggered this (and it would actually be an uncommon thing to do
anyway). So better to spend the time fixing it properly than getting
in a quick fix.

What about the instvar alias problem? Not exactly critical either
as I can work around it, but is there a fix coming up/available?

         | / Kristoffer Lawson | www.fishpool.fi|.com
         +-> | setok_at_fishpool.com | - - --+------
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - / |