[Xotcl] calledclass in a filter: what if the calledclass is/has a mixin?

From: Catherine Letondal <letondal_at_pasteur.fr>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 09:48:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I have a filter on Object which purpose is to register the called procs
of every class in my application, for debugging purpose.
The list of called procs is then displayed in a graphical component where
it can be selected to be traced (http://www-alt.pasteur.fr/~letondal/biok/Images/tracegui.gif).

I would like to have also mixin procs registered, but apparently, the
calledclass in the filter, when called on the mixin, does not return
the mixin class, but the actual called class.
Is there a way to know that the mixin proc was called - in the filter scope
I mean ?

This filter is put on every class during a given period:
Object instproc spyFilter args {
       set proc [self calledproc]
       set class [self calledclass]

       # debug is an Object doing debugging tasks and registering
       # trace/debug informations

       debug instvar calledprocs
       lappend calledprocs($class) $proc
}

Class UpdateMixin
UpdateMixin instproc update args {
}

UpdateMixin filter actually displays spyFilter, but the filter
does not "see" the UpdateMixin as the calledclass, but rather the
class the mixin is associated with.

Thanks for your help,

--
Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center