Re: [Xotcl] info method behaviour

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 00:07:11 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Zoran Vasiljevic wrote:

> You can do this pretty easy with:
>
> % [ob info class] info instprocs
>
> ... and similar.

That is what I do, but required me to know that a proc is inherited
from somewhere! I have both types, procs and instprocs (which are both
callable from the object) and I would like to be able to ask information
about them without knowing where they're from.

> AFAIK, the "ob info procs|args|body" is ment to be used
> with per-object resources (procs), like for example:

Yes, that what it appears to do, but as such it's limited. I would like
a uniform way of asking information about inherited procs and per-instance
procs. In fact I might even say that to separate those on this level is
confusing the object model.

         | / Kristoffer Lawson | www.fishpool.fi|.com
         +-> | setok_at_fishpool.com | - - --+------
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - / |