Re: [Xotcl] info method behaviour

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:52:10 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

> The right way to query instprocs is via "info instargs" and
> "info instbody" rather than "info args" and "info body" or
> the tcl counterparts...

Well, as mentioned, this does not really work in my case. I do not know
beforehand whether a proc is an instproc or a per-object proc. I am using
meta-programming and using methods as templates for other dynamically
built methods. When the API gets the name of the method, it asks for
the body and arguments, so it can create another method with that
information. When looking up that information it now assumes that the
given method name is an instproc and asks the class -- but this is not
a general solution.

As pointed out by Artur, there are ways to do this, but they're pretty
complex, so I am looking for a straightforward way of asking information
about a method, without caring about whether it's inherited or not.

         | / Kristoffer Lawson | www.fishpool.fi|.com
         +-> | setok_at_fishpool.com | - - --+------
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - / |