Re: [Xotcl] Xotck and Vignette

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 21:14:27 +0100

On Friday 01 March 2002 16:01, Lucio Travagnin wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to Tcl, XoTcl and Vignette, but I have to use these in a
> Project. XoTcl extensions can be used with vignette? Could I write some
> classes and then use them in Vignette Templates? Thank you

 Dear Lucio,

 i am not familiar with Vignettes story-server
 and i am not aware off anyone, who is using
 this combo (this does not mean to much).

 however, i would expect that the story server
 is able to load tcl-extensions. Correct?

 XOTcl is a TEA compliant tcl extension
 and requires Tcl 8.0 or newer. Therefore
 it should not be a problem to use this
 combination.

 Once you are able to load xotcl into the story-server
 you can use XOTcl classes and objects the same way
 you can use tcl-commands from the server.

 best regards
-gustaf neumann