Re: [Xotcl] Xotcl 1.0.1 install buglets

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 20:03:13 +0100

On Saturday 01 March 2003 05:41, Laurent Duperval wrote:
> HI,
>
> I just installed xotcl 1.0.1 with a version of Tcl taken from CVS. WHen
> I tried to install and test, I had problems because the
> tcl_platform(platform) variable couldn't be found in the pkgIndex.tcl
> files. I had to change all of them to ::tcl_platform(platform).
>
> Just thought you should know.

 Dear Laurent, many thanks!
 i fixed all occurances. These changes will be in release 1.0.2.
 This might happen, when a "package require" is executed
 from a non-global environment. i would expect that some
 packages (not neccesarily xotcl ones) might behave differently
 as well in respect to global variables...

 best regards
-gsutaf

Univ.Prof. Dr. Gustaf Neumann
Abteilung für Wirtschaftsinformatik