Re: [Xotcl] Static member functions?

From: Neophytos Demetriou <k2pts_at_cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:39:06 +0300

Hi Michael (of nstcl fame right?),

it's glad to see you in this list. I'm sure Gustaf or Uwe will have a
better response for you but here's what I do:

AFAICS, static member variables are not supported as a language
construct but you can either have a variable in the "Chapters" class, e.g.

Class Chapters

Chapters set current_chapter 12345

which can be fetched using [Chapters set current_chapter] from any other
object or class or from an instance you can get/set the value as follows:

Chapters aChapter

[aChapter info class] set current_chapter 4567

puts [[aChapter info class] set current_chapter]

Now, suppose you have a Class instproc say printCurrentChapter:

Chapters instproc printCurrentChapter {} {

    puts [[my info class] set current_chapter]
}

aChapter printCurrentChapter

I hope that helps.

Best wishes,