re: [Xotcl] cant locate package xotcl freewrap visualTcl

From: jim <j_marvin_at_localnet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 03:46:56 -0500

hi-

i fixed it so i can run my exe file from the desktop for my tcl script
created in visual tcl that uses xotcl code.

here are the steps to do this:

after the tcl project file is saved in tcl open it in notepad.
you will see this line of code that starts... at the top of the project
tcl file

if {![info exists vTcl(sourcing)]} {

#add this code below this comment
 lappend auto_path "C:/Program Files/Tcl/lib/xotcl1.1/xotcl"

if you are using notepad choose file save as and put quotes around the
project tcl file.
choose file type all files from the drop down in the save as window.
# as always before overwriting make sure you have a backup file.
save and overwrite.

now you have to manually freewrap the file.
copy your project file to c:\program files\vTcl\freewrap\windows\bin
directory.
this way the project file is now in the same directory as the
freewrap.exe file.

choose start run and type this...
"C:\Program Files\vTcl\freewrap\windows\bin\freewrap.exe" elevator5.tcl
substitute the name of your project tcl file instead of elevator5.tcl
click ok

an exe file should now be created called something like elevator5.exe.

now you can create a shortcut to the desktop if you like.

hope this helps.
thanks,
marvin