Re: [Xotcl] installation on fedora

From: Artur Trzewik <mail_at_xdobry.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 18:02:36 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 31. März 2004 19:35 schrieb Alexandre Dehne:
> Hello,
>
> In order to use biok, I have to install xotcl. My problem with xotcl
> installation is that my system is under Fedora and there is no tclInt.h
> file under this distribution (even with the tcl-devel package). Of
> course, I can uninstall the tcl package and install tcl manually but, by
> uninstalling tcl package, other packages are going out and that put me
> in trouble ...
>
> Any suggestion on the way to manage my tclInt.h problem ?
> Does anyone have an rpm for fedora ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Alexandre

I know this problem from old RedHat
The fastest solution is to get the source (watch proper Tcl Version) from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/
unpack (untar) the sources.
copy tclInt.h and tclIntDecls.h (I think it is enough) from generic directory
into directory there
tcl.h ist (I suppose /usr/include)
You should compile it without problems.

It is also possible (and easier) to include tclInt.h path by setting
env-variable.
It this example the is tcl8.3.3 unpacked

export C_INCLUDE_PATH=~/tcl8.3.3/generic
./configure --with-tcl=/usr/lib --with-tk=/usr/lib
make

If fedora still use 8.3 I suggest to build new tcl/tk 8.4.6 by yourself.
It is not so difficult.

Artur Trzewik