Re: [Xotcl] Re: Bug: configure step chooses wrong tclsh [REASONING]

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 00:20:22 +0200

On Saturday 10 April 2004 22:54, Jeff Hobbs wrote:
> Actually the sampleextension-0.2 is years old, and I should remove
> the entire www.tcl.tk/doc/tea/ area, since I haven't had time to
> correct the old docs. Most major extension all use TEA2 now (some
> use TEA3 in fact, which is relatively recent). SC_PROG_TCLSH is NOT
> the way to go. Note that the core does not use TEA (Tcl Extension
> Architecture) because it is not an extension.

 ok.

 i looked into http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl, which contains itcl3.2.1,
 which uses still the SC_* macros (i got there by clicking on project
 "incrtcl" on http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/netcvs.html).

 i have checked out the version from there, it uses TEA_* macros.
 jeff, is this TEA2 or TEA3? i got as well tcl.m4 from cvs tcl/tclconfig,
 which appears to be more recent. in both files, i find not hint whether
 this is based on TEA2 or TEA3.

 Where is TEA3 documented? Is there a better documentation than
 the comments of the macros?

 -gustaf neumann

--
Univ.Prof. Dr.Gustaf Neumann