Re: [Xotcl] Actiweb counter confusion...

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 12:16:49 +0200

On Thursday 27 May 2004 09:55, Nicolas Boretos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have had a chance to set up the actiweb framework and now trying out the
> examples;-)
> This is really good stuff....

 thanks.

> {Object 'c1' unknown} {}
>
> I would have expected that a text representation would have been
> returned via .../c1
> ...web-c1 returns the html facade as expected...

 The example is meant as an example, where the counter objects
 are accessed through a facade only.

> Is this because we dont export to the receiver class, or am I missing
> something else?

 correct. only "exported" objects can be called via HTTP, and only
 the exported procs of the exported objects can be called.
 This can be done via a the following magic lines:

   # export the object
   receiver exportObjs c1
   # provide behavior to (a) export procs, (b) a stragey for sending back the result
   # and (c) a persistency berhavior
   c1 mixin {WebObject Send=PlainString Persistent=Eager}
   # export the method increment
   c1 exportProcs increment

 best regards
-gustaf neumann