[Xotcl] Segmentation fault

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:15:47 +0300 (EEST)

I'm getting a segmentation fault in relation to XOTcl. I believe the
situation that causes it is as follows:

* I have an object C which has a child M.
* M has a fileevent callback.
* On receiving complete message, M calls a method in C.
* If that is an empty message, C destroys itself and closes the socket in
the destructor (M is still in fileevent callback).

After that I get a segmentation fault. But.. this only happens if I have
my debug outputs turned on! They are just normal Tcl [puts] stuff, wrapped
around in other things. The thing is I am unable to recreate this with a
trivial piece of code so I'm finding it very difficult to pinpoint the
exact cause (even, indeed if it is XOTcl at fault or if I have found a Tcl
bug).

Sorry for the very vague report. I wish I could be more specific. If it's
any help, at one point, instead of a segmentation fault, I got:

alloc: invalid block: 0x81264a0: b0 8 ef
Aborted

My guess, something is being freed before it should. Let me know if
there's anything more I can do to help find this problem.

                               / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/