Re: [Xotcl] Bug: Empty arglist and body throws error

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:54:19 +0200

Dear Bryan,

> I'm afraid I found a bug that will generate an "unable to dispatch" error
if the argument list & body of an >instproc are both empty. You will notice
that as long as either contain something, it's ok. Notice the body of >"Bar
notpuke", it's just a single comment. See the code below:

we have a behavior in xotcl that we inherited from otcl: when instproc is
invoked
with an empty argument list and an empty body, this instproc is deleted.
Most probably, we should do the following:
  a) produce an error, when someone tries to delete a non.existing
proc/instproc
  b) document this behavior somewhere more visible.

-gustaf