Re: [Xotcl] Bug when changing class

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 01:41:35 +0200

On Feb 7, 2005, at 10:20 PM, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

> There are two fixes for that, one simple (don't allow reclassing of
> objects to classes)
> or a more complex one (do more or less a recreate automatically when
> this happens;
> it tries to keep the object information as far as possible).

I don't know the internals really of XOTcl but basically making an
object a class would mean giving it the methods 'instproc' and 'new'
and various other stuff, thus allowing an instance of it to be created.
I guess it's some internal thing if it has to be recreated? In some
sense it would be 'pure' if this was possible.

I wonder if this has any relevance to changing the meta-class of a
class?

                                / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/