Re: [Xotcl] Re: Safe interp for xotcl

From: Ben Thomasson <ben.thomasson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 13:31:57 -0400

Jeff,

Considering there is a safe interp in Tcl, there should be extensive
unit testing
that can be run in regression to make sure any new functionality like this
does not break the security model. Does Tcl have regression tests
(tcltest or other) that exercise the ability of safe interp to stop
dangerous code? If there is,
then these tests could be run in at least Object eval to whether this simple
approach would work. If not, there should be. Or is the security model based
on proving the safety of an interp by analysis of the code? If you take this
second approach them much more work must be done before xotcl includes
this code for the safe interp.

Ben

ps ( In open source projects, is it the person who comes up with the
idea who is the person to implement it? Dang. )