Re: [Xotcl] Object destruction on exit

From: Ben Thomasson <ben.thomasson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:44:01 -0500

Kristoffer,

I hit the same problem in a persistent application I am working on. My
solution
is to define a new method, delete, that destroys the object and deletes
the object from the persistent storage. Just destroying the object does not
delete it from persistent storage.

Instead of explicitly calling destroy on objects, I just call delete. My
persistence
layer is snapshot based, but delete instantly deletes the persistence
for an object. This has the problem of a shrinking set of persisted objects
between snaphots.

Have you worked with prevayler(www.prevayler.org)? In my java days I used
this
for a while. I'd like to make a port of this to xotcl one day.

Ben