[Xotcl] XOTcl 1.5.2

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:55:47 +0200

Dear XOTcl Community,

XOTcl 1.5.2 is available. This is mostly a bug fix release
and fixes most prominantly two serious bugs, which were in the code
for a some longer time, but showed up after 1.5.1. It seems as if the
new features of XOTcl attracked more users to try/upgrade the code.
One bug showed up on 64 bit code on AMD processes with FreeBSD, the
other bug showed on some "odd, old, 64-bit system" of Don Porter,
but turned out to be a problem on every system.

I hope, this ends the series of quick bug fix releases,
such we can address more functional improvements.

Another good news is that Martin Matuska has volunteered to
provide a FreeBSD port such that XOTcl will be most likely
included on the DVD of the forthcoming 6.2 release. Many thanks!

best regards
-gustaf neumann

PS: The binary version for windows will follow soon.

Announcing XOTcl 1.5.2
*************************

Hi everybody. We are pleased to announce the availability of XOTcl 1.5.2.
Major changes relative to 1.5.1 are:

    * Improved Functionality

        + allowing to trace objects as well as classes via the
           package xotcl::trace (many thanks to jima for suggesting this)

    * Improved code quality:
       + terminating all vararg lists in C by ..., (char *) NULL
           There was a problem with this on 64bit AMD on FreeBSD,
           as some lists were terminated previously by an integer typed
           zero-value.
        + better handling of Tcl result objects. Make sure that
           no changes happen on shared objects. Removed all
           occurrences of Tcl_AppendResult() from xotcl.c
        + Fixed memory corruption (accessing feed memory) in
           the invalidation of transitive mixins (many thanks to
           Don Porter for reporting)

 For more details about the changes, please consult the ChangeLog and
 documentation.

MORE INFO
  General and more detailed information about XOTcl and its components
  can be found at http://www.xotcl.org

Best regards,

Gustaf Neumann
Uwe Zdun